Topics will include (but are not limited to): Manufacturing:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Deposition and Casting
- Non-Reactive Bulk Processing of FGMs
- Reactive Bulk and Melt Processing of FGMs
- Processing of Layers
- Powder Processing
- Infiltration Processing
Design and Characterization
- Functional Materials
- Optimal Design of Material Composition Distribution
- Functionally Graded Composite Structures
- Material-Property Estimation Techniques
- Measurement Methods and Characterizations
- Civil and Structural Materials and Mechanics
- Topology Optimization
- Design, Sintering and Properties of Bulk Materials
- Properties Characterization
- Fracture Characterization
- Multiscale Multiphysics Modeling
- Nano, Micro and Meso-Scale Modeling
- Stress in FGM Coatings and Joints
- Mathematical Modeling
- Properties Modeling
- Computational Techniques
- Fracture Mechanics
- Owing to their heat, corrosion and thermal shock resistance, functionally graded materials can be used in energy sectors such as power generation systems.
- The gradual variation of property can be easily observed in the naturally occurring biological systems, hence, one can use FGMs in medical assistance.
- One of the most applicable field of graded materials is aerospace. Both space shuttle and aircraft engine parts can benefit hugely from the high temperature resistance, thermal shock resistance, thermal fatigue resistance and corrosion resistance property of FGMs.
- In the electromagnetic field, the piezoelectric gradient function and electromagnetic gradient function can be used to make electromagnetic shielding materials, ceramic filters, ultrasonic oscillators, etc. Also they can be used in the manufacture of different electromagnetic devices, thus reducing the weight but improving the performance.
- FGMs also have proven their worth in the field of nuclear energy. Their high strength, heat resistance and corrosion resistance prove to be important attributes in the development of nuclear industry.
- Besides this, graded materials can also be used in the optical sectors, producing glass lasers, optical fiber lenses, anti-reflection films, and discolored glass.
(Source: T. Applications, V. Bhavar, P. Kattire, O. Kuwahara, N. Wang, and S. Ueha, “Research and Application of Functionally Gradient Materials Research and Application of Functionally Gradient Materials. )
Contributions are invited for oral and poster presentation on the above themes. Abstracts, with registration fee paid, should be submitted via by March 15, 2022. Language The official language of the conference will be English