- How do I register to attend the conference?
There is only one way (online by credit card through the registration page) to register for the FGM2022 conference. The registration site is at: https://gradedmaterials2020.engr.uconn.edu/registration
- What is included in the conference registration fee?
The registration fees includes a copy of book of abstracts for non-student participants. The banquet dinner is NOT included in the conference registration fees.
- When should I register?
Please register as soon as you know that your attendance is definite. Upon registration, your name will be included in the published list of participants. However, if your attendance is not definite – i.e. you do not yet have your funding or entry visa finalized, please do not register yet.
- When is the deadline for registration?
If you are planning to attend the conference as a standard delegate, the deadline for registration is April 15, 2022. Do check the homepage of the conference website for announcements about the conference being/becoming fully booked. However, if you know you are going to attend, we do recommend that you do it as early as possible. If you are making a presentation at the conference, it is essential that you register.
- Is there a special student registration?
Yes, visit registration page.
- It is very near to the conference, can I still register online?
Please contact the conference staff of the possibility for registration.
- I am unable to pre-register – I can only register on the day. Is this possible?
Please contact the conference staff about this.
- I have registered but I notice that my invoice is not for the correct amount. What should I do?
Please contact the Conference Staff immediately, informing them of the error.
- I didn’t book any optional extras (such as banquet) when I made my original registration, but I want to add them on now. How do I do this?
Go to the Conference registration page and fill-in all necessary payment information. Please do not select any of the registration options and simply select the number of Banquet Tickets.
- I am not yet sure if I can definitely attend the conference. Is it okay for me to register now and then cancel later, or just not turn up at the conference?
No, if you are not sure that you can attend, do not register at this stage. All cancellations after registration are subjected to a cancellation charge as noted in the registration site.
- I have to cancel my place at the conference. Can a colleague attend in my place?
This is usually not a problem. Please inform the Conference Staff of your details, plus the contact details of the person who will be attending in your place. A substitution can then be made, and no extra charge or cancellation penalty is incurred.
- I have to cancel my place at the conference completely, and no one else from my organization can attend in my place. What do I need to do?
Please contact the Conference Staff in writing in order to cancel the place fully. All cancellations after registration are subjected to a cancellation charge.
- When do I need to pay my registration fee?
Your registration fee must be paid in full when you register for the conference. In order to make the registration process as quick and efficient as possible for you, we recommend that you use the online registration form.
- How do I pay my registration fee?
Please see the Registration page of the conference website for more information.
- Have you received my payment?
Please refer to the invoice/receipt which was sent to you as part of your registration confirmation email. This document will contain any payment details which we received at time of registration.
- Will I get a receipt when I arrive at the conference?
No, not automatically. We may be able to provide a copy of this at the registration desk, but we would prefer that you ask for the document by email.
- Can I submit an abstract now?
Information is available on the abstract submission section of the conference website. This will provide you with the relevant abstract submission guidelines, and it will also inform you if the deadline has passed and submissions are no longer being considered.
- How do I submit an abstract?
Abstract submissions must be done online. Please see the abstract submission section of the conference website for full guidelines. The whole submission process is very quick, and means that your abstract is automatically acknowledged and is added to the review system. Please do ensure that you submit carefully and accurately, in order to avoid later revisions.
- I am unable to attend the conference. Can I still submit my abstract for publication in the conference abstract book?
If you know that it will be impossible for your material to be presented at the conference by yourself or a co-author/colleague if it is accepted, please do not make a submission. Only those abstracts to be presented at the conference by a registered delegate will be included in the conference program and abstract book.
- I have submitted my abstract and have received a receipt, but now I realize that it contained a mistake and I need to revise it. Should I submit the abstract again online?
No, please do not resubmit your abstract online, as this will result in a duplication. Please send an email to the Staff explaining the revision, and attach the revised abstract.
- I have submitted my abstract for review. What happens now?
Your abstract will be sent for review by the Conference Scientific Review committee, in order to determine whether it is acceptable for presentation at the conference. Correspondence informing you of the outcome of review will normally be sent to you by email. This correspondence will inform you of the details of your presentation format, registration information as well as instructions for the submission of your full paper.
- My abstract has been accepted, but I now need to withdraw it. How do I do this?
Please let the Conference Staff know as soon as possible by email, in order that we can update your records and the conference program.
- My abstract has been accepted, but we won’t be able to present it at the conference. Can it still be included in the conference abstract book?
Unfortunately, no. Only those abstracts to be presented at the conference by a registered delegate will be included in the conference program and abstract book. We can not allow abstracts to be printed in the conference materials unless a presenting author registers to attend the conference.
- I submitted an abstract, but now I am unable to attend and present it at the conference. Can a co-author colleague present it on my behalf?
It should be acceptable for your co-author or colleague to present your material for you. However, it is essential that you inform the Conference Staff of the name of the new presenting delegate.
- What size should I make my poster?
Full guidelines for the production of your poster are included with your acceptance correspondence. Please contact the Conference Staff should you need a further copy of the guidelines.
- When is my oral presentation and how long should it last?
Please refer to the conference program to see when your individual presentation will take place and its duration. Oral program should become available about a month prior to conference. Each oral presentation is 20 minutes including 2 minute Q&As.
- Are there any group travel arrangements for the conference, official air carriers or official travel agents?
In the age of internet bookings, it is easier and more cost-efficient for you to shop around and find the most convenient travel option for yourself. The conference organizers do not provide shuttles from the airport to the conference venue, but a detailed information on local transportation is available at: https://gradedmaterials2020.engr.uconn.edu/transportation/
- Will I get the conference abstracts and program sent to me before the meeting?
No, but the conference program will be available and updated on the conference website. The conference abstract book and final printed program, together with any late news items will be available for collection at the registration desk when you arrive at the conference.
- I may be interested in exhibiting my products and services at the event, or sponsoring the conference. Is there an opportunity to do this?
If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring at the conference, please contact the Conference Staff for further details of costs and availability.
- What materials will I get when I arrive at the conference?
As a minimum, you will receive the final printed program and conference abstracts plus a list of participants. You will also receive a name badge at the registration desk which we ask you to wear throughout conference hours for security purposes.
- Will I receive a full list of participants including mailing addresses and email addresses when I arrive at the conference?
Due to data protection restrictions, we are prohibited from giving out these details. The list you receive at the conference will include the name, organization and country of each delegate, but no further details. We recommend that you solicit business cards from contacts you make personally at the conference, and therefore recommend that you bring plenty of cards with you to the event.
- How do I book accommodation for the conference?
An official location option is included on the conference website. Please see the Location section of the conference website for details of how to make a booking. Please note that you should book early to guarantee availability and any special conference rate.
- Do I need a visa to attend the conference, and if so, can the Conference help me with my entry visa application?
If you are unsure whether you need a visa to attend the conference, please check with your local embassy or travel agent. If you do, it is essential that you begin the process as soon as possible, in order that you obtain your visa in time for the conference or registration deadline. Visa application procedures for entering many countries, and in particular the USA, have become stricter and more complex following recent terrorist activities, and therefore it can take much longer to process your application than anticipated. We can provide you an official invitation letter to assist you with your visa application, please contact Conference Staff for obtaining the letter. We do ask though that you submit your own application to the relevant authority and follow up accordingly. Unfortunately the Conference is unable to follow up your application on your behalf or enter into correspondence directly with consulates. The invitation letter simply invites you to the conference. However, we recommend that when you submit your paperwork to the consulate, you make sure that you also submit a conference brochure. If you have submitted an abstract or organizing a mini-symposium at the conference it might also be worth-while to mention that information and submit copies of confirmation letters along with the VISA application.